Now Hiring: Programs & Communications Manager
Monday, September 30, 2019
The Richardson Center Corporation (RCC), nonprofit owner of the National Historic Landmark Richardson Olmsted Campus, seeks full-time Programs and Communications Manager. This position serves as the champion for brand guidelines, both internally and externally, and is responsible for maintaining all aspects of the organization’s communications and marketing while also supporting fundraising efforts and managing the popular historical tour program at the Richardson. This position reports to the President and works closely with both staff, volunteer, and members of the active RCC Board of Directors.
Communications / P.R. / Marketing
- Ensure adherence to brand guidelines internally and with external partners.
- Create monthly e-newsletter featuring original research and promotional notices.
- Curate web and social media presence.
- Write and manage promotional efforts, including press releases, media advisories, etc.
- Maintain website, providing timely updates to content.
- Design print and web materials as needed.
- Maintain press kit and provide tours of the facility to visiting journalists.
- Special projects: Launch new brand and website for the Richardson Olmsted Campus.
Tour Management and Visitor Experience (tour season: March through October)
- Develop public tour schedule annually.
- Create tour program budget annually, including setting pricing and estimating expenses.
- Record tour revenue, file tour paperwork, manage tour data, and report annually.
- Manage tour promotion and partnerships.
- Manage private tour requests and public tour waiting lists.
- Maintain tour materials (including annual update of all materials and scripts), docent supplies, and routes.
- Foster development of new specialty tours with docents based on docent interests and expertise, as well as visitor interest.
- Serve as responsive and friendly public face of the organization for visitors.
Volunteer Program Management (tour season: March through October)
- Oversee onboarding, training, evaluation, and professional development of docents and volunteers and motivate docent team to the highest professional standards.
- Schedule and coordinate volunteers using online calendaring system.
- Ensure high levels of volunteer satisfaction and staff responsiveness.
Development (balanced with tour responsibilities)
- Working with the Executive Director and Development Committee, assist in the development and implementation of the organization’s fundraising efforts.
- Write grant applications and award nominations.
- Provide timely reporting and ensure compliance as required by grant award documentation.
- Coordinate and implement annual appeal and other fundraising campaigns like #GivingTuesday.
Other duties as assigned. This position requires the ability to climb multiple flights of stairs and to maneuver uneven surfaces and infrastructure inside abandoned buildings.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field required. Preference will be given to candidates with background in a related fields such as History, Historic Preservation, Architecture, Nonprofit Management, Communications, or Marketing.
- 3-5 years of related professional experience in the communications and/or fundraising fields.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Be self-motivated and able to work efficiently without supervision.
- Technological proficiency and comfort learning new platforms and programs.
- Demonstrated organizational, problem-solving, and trouble-shooting skills.
- Professionalism and attention to detail.
- Flexibility and comfort working as part of a small team.
- Graduate degree preferred.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud and/or other design software.
- Experience working with donor databases (DonorPerfect preferably).
- Interest in history, historic preservation, and/or architecture is a plus.
Compensation: Salary in the $40,000s. Final compensation will be determined by experience and qualifications.
Applications (including cover letter and resume) will be accepted via e-mail to Executive Director Mark Mortenson at email@example.com through Friday, October 11, 2019 at 5pm.
Please do not submit any additional materials by mail or in person. Interview scheduling may begin upon receipt of qualified applications with an anticipated start date in early November.