Photography Contest: Enduring Views of the Richardson Olmsted Campus
Thursday, October 12, 2017 | Richardson Olmsted Campus / CEPA Gallery
Photographers are invited to enter the 2017 CEPA Gallery/Richardson Olmsted Campus Photography Contest: "Enduring Views: The Richardson Olmsted Campus."
This contest (and the associated show) is open to all photographers who captured any and all aspects of the Richardson Olmsted Campus -- interior or exterior.
The contest encourages submission of up to three images in one or more of any of three categories:
- Category 1: Original spaces – Those existing prior to rehabilitation of the grounds or the building that have been transformed
- Category 2: New spaces – created within Hotel Henry
- Category 3: Enduring spaces – exterior or interior views that span the centuries
Photographs may have been taken at any time -- on an official photography tour of the Richardson Olmsted Campus, or at any other time.
Who May Enter:
Any photographer may participate in this contest. Volunteer Richardson Olmsted Campus docents who were not part of the planning of this contest are eligible to enter.
How it Works:
- Photographers may submit up to three digital photographs taken of the Richardson Olmsted Campus. There can be three submissions for a single category, or spread across categories.
- Approximately fifty photographs will be selected for exhibition in Enduring Views: The Richardson Olmsted Campus.
- CEPA Gallery will print and mount the fifty selected photographs on foam core.
- Three awards will be given for the show overall: 1st, 2nd, 3rd place.
- CEPA Gallery will host a public opening reception for the exhibition on March 28, 2018 at CEPA Gallery, 617 Main Street in the Historic Market Arcade Building. The exhibition will be on view at CEPA Gallery for two weeks.
- Photographers will receive the prints (unframed, mounted on foam core) at the close of the exhibition.
- Other photographs submitted for the contest, but not printed for the show, will be shown on a monitor at CEPA Gallery during the opening reception, and can be viewed on the CEPA Gallery website (with title of photograph and name of photographer shown).
Guidelines for Submission:
- Select up to three views of the Richardson Olmsted Campus.
- File must be approximately 9 x 13 at 240 DPI or larger.
- Provide a title for each submission, and indicate if image is vertical or horizontal.
- Be sure to include your name, mailing address, telephone number with your e-mail submission.
- By submitting your photo to our contest, you agree to allow CEPA Gallery (CEPA) and the Richardson Olmsted Campus to use your image for marketing and promotion purposes for this contest and exhibition. Photo credit will be included in any use by CEPA and the Richardson Olmsted Campus, and photo credit will be submitted to the media anytime an image is shared.
- Between October 30, 2017 and November 30, 2017, e-mail your images to: RichardsonContest@cepagallery.org
- Results will be e-mailed to participating photographers by January 1, 2018.
- For more information, please e-mail RichardsonContest@cepagallery.org
Frequently Asked Questions
Is there any cost to participate in the contest?
Is there a preference of subject matter?
No. Enter your choice of photographs within or outside the Richardson Olmsted Campus, including the grounds. Your photographs may be of any aspect of the site that intrigued you, at any time of the day, or of the year. We seek photographs that convey the power and uniqueness of the site.
Are there any limits in terms of postproduction edits?
No. If you choose to use special edits, or turn your photographs to monochrome, that is up to you.
Will the awards be per category, or for the show overall?
There will be 1st, 2nd, 3rd place for the show overall, as well as overall honorable mentions.
How will I find out the details of the opening reception for the show? Do I need to RSVP to the opening reception? Can I bring additional guests?
All photographers who participate in the contest will receive timely details about the reception. There will also be publicity of it in local publications. There is no need to RSVP. Bring your guests!
If my photograph(s) is(are) printed, what arrangements do I need to make to pick up my photograph at the end of the show? Do I need to let you know ahead of time, or can I just show up?
Following the close of the show, artwork may be picked up during CEPA’s regular business hours, (9:00—5:00, Monday—Friday, 12:00—4:00, Saturdays). To make special arrangements, call 716-856-2717. CEPA is located at 617 Main Street, Buffalo, NY 14203.
I live out of town. Is there any way to arrange for my printed and mounted photograph to be mailed to me at the end of the show?
For an additional shipping cost, your photograph can be mailed to you. Please call 716-856-2717 to arrange for payment.
I know that I will receive, without charge, a single unframed print of a winning photograph. If I wish to do so, can I purchase additional prints of my photograph?
Yes! Advance notice of one week is needed for additional prints (@ $20 per print).