Fridays on Forest
NOT AVAILABLE THIS SEASON
Length: 2 hours (1 hour at the Resource Center and 1 hour at the Richardson)
Buildings Accessed: 2-3
Spend your Friday on Forest Avenue exploring the Buffalo History Museum Resource Center and the Richardson Olmsted Campus! The second Friday of each month, August through October, the Buffalo History Museum and the Richardson welcome the curious and the intrepid for this special joint tour.
Your first stop will be the Richardson Olmsted Campus. Led by an expert docent, visitors will experience spaces untouched since the 1970s, learning more about the past, present, and future of this stunning National Historic Landmark.
Next up, cross Forest Avenue to explore the Buffalo History Museum Resource Center and experience a exhibution about the Pan-American Exposition of 1901! Experts from the museum will provide information about the exhibit and Buffalo's rich history..
What to Expect of your Richardson Olmsted Campus Tour:
- Ages 16 and up.
- For your safety, sturdy, closed-toe shoes are required. We reserve the right to turn away anyone without appropriate shoes.
- Photography is not allowed inside the historic buildings on this tour. For those interested in taking photographs, please check out our photography tours.
- Hard hats will be provided.
- This tour requires the ability to walk for the full duration of the tour including flights of stairs.
- Prepare to get a little dusty during your time on-site. We recommend wearing a mask while in our interior spaces.
- You are strongly encouraged to bring bottled water as it can get warm inside the building in the summer.
- Please bring flashlights if possible!
- Tours are rain or shine.