Tour Length: 1.5-2 hours
Untouched buildings accessed: 2
Join us for an exclusive opportunity to capture the interior spaces of the iconic Richardson Olmsted Campus, a National Historic Landmark. The former state hospital facility consists of purpose-built structures and a healing landscape that created a therapeutic environment then considered the most progressive treatment available for mental illness.
Photographers will be paired with an experienced docent to guide them through a collection of spaces in various states of renovation and disrepair. Your guide can also provide context on the history and future of the Richardson as you explore the site.
- Ages 16 and up.
- Photography is for personal use only and the signing of an agreement is required to participate in the tour to ensure that photographs will not be used for commercial purposes.
- Hard hats will be provided.
- For your safety, sturdy, closed-toe shoes are required. We reserve the right to turn away anyone without appropriate shoes.
- You are strongly encouraged to bring bottled water as it can get warm inside the building in the summer.
- Please bring flashlights if possible!
- This tour requires the ability to walk for the full duration of the tour as well as climb multiple flights of stairs. Guides can accommodate interests and abilities of each photographer. Available areas may vary.
- Portable photographic equipment, such as tripods, is allowed. Please do not bring unwieldy equipment you cannot personally carry.
- Tours are rain or shine.